The Somerset County Cultural Diversity Coalition, (SCCDC) founded in 1995, is a human relations organization dedicated to fighting bias, prejudice and bigotry in our county. We promote this ideal through community roundtables, festivals, publications, speaker’s bureau, and the Resource Directory. Somerset County Diversity Coalition acts as a catalyst for individuals, corporations, and community, non-profit, government and educational organizations by providing networking, referral services, educational activities, and promoting the value of diversity.
The vision of the organization is "to foster greater awareness, understanding, and respect for all differences in the community". The organization inspires, motivates and engage youth to understand our changing communities and solve conflicts peacefully.
• We teach and build peace through community programs.
• We provide tools for community building initiatives.
• Our program focused strategy develops and delivers people oriented programs to people with shared values and desired outcomes.
• Through our initiatives, we are growing a grassroots movement of peace literacy advocates who are helping to bring positive and measurable changes.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
• 25 International Festivals with $100,000+ raised for Diversity Education initiatives since 1995.
• Annual Resource Directory.
• The Interfaith Thanksgiving Dinner, a special event to break break with interfaith community.
• Annual Peace Day Celebration since 2000.
• Presenter of the annual NJ Human Relations Concil programs
• Provided speakers and music entertainment for various community programs.
County Cultural Diversity Coalition
P.O. Box 5082
Somerville, NJ 08876